Creating Media passionately believes in sustainable development…
Our environment is facing huge obstacles that have the potential to seriously disrupt our future and the future of all other living things on our planet. The design industry is a contributor to overall pollution worldwide and we believe that individually we have a responsibility to ensure that our businesses are run as efficiently, and as sustainably as possible.
At Creating Media we believe passionately in sustainable design. Design ideas which can be realised without the adverse impacts and cost to the natural environment.
Creating Media passionately believes in sustainable development. We are aware that the environment can potentially be impacted by some of our activities or services whilst we acknowledge that sustainable design is the only way forward for modern society.
On a positive note, Creating Media offers our clients creative thinking, with a smile. We want to make our clients happy and we know that we can do that by giving them design that makes a real difference to their business. For us it’s all about making a positive difference to our clients and the environment.
This policy sets out how our business will manage, measure and be accountable for its ongoing environmental performance.
We recognise that we have an obligation to minimise any negative impact that our business has on the environment, so we make the following commitments:
- To comply with all the regulations which are applicable to us
- To create less waste and recycle where it is possible to do so
- To reduce our energy consumption
- To endeavour to source goods and services from businesses who share our commitment to environmental sustainability
- To set realistic targets to measure our success in meeting the commitments made in this policy, and review those targets at least 3 times a year
- To help our clients minimise their environmental impact by informing them of the most sustainable approach to the design and print of their communication material
- To communicate this policy within the company and to any external audience that requests it
- Integrate environmental concerns and impacts into all of our decision making and activities
- Utilise local suppliers and companies with a like-minded environmental attitude
- Reduce waste through re-use and recycling, and by purchasing recycled or recyclable products and materials
- Purchase and use environmentally responsible products accordingly, and choose production processes with the least negative environmental impact, i.e. we use environmentally accredited (ISO14001) printers and alpha eco vegetable based inks where possible
- Communicate our environmental commitment to clients, customers and the public and encourage them to support it
- Strive to continually improve our environmental performance and minimise the social impact and damage of activities by periodically reviewing our environmental policy in light of our current and planned future activities
- Minimise travel within the business, by using online technology and will strive to combine deliveries where possible
- Purchase our electricity through a green supplier, we are able to off-set our target emissions
- Work with organisations who match our ethical approach, or we will otherwise advise clients on more sustainable alternative solutions to their design needs
- Support local environmental campaigns and initiatives, such as www.leechpool-wildlife.co.uk we are the main sponsors for this and have recently been involved in tree planting exercises
- Our office building has been sympathetically restored and we use 100% green electricity only http://www.creatingmedia.co.uk
- Sourcing goods and services from businesses who reflect our commitment to environmental sustainability
- Supporting and complying with the requirements set out by current environmental legislation and codes of practice
Our Practical Solutions thus far:
- Training employees to embrace “virtual working” practices
- Exceeding latest building regulation insulation levels
- Landfill was minimised via in-house recycling methods
- Currently exploring an opportunity to purchase an area of woodland from the local council in order to protect this area and also offset our carbon emissions
- We aim to manage local woodland and use appropriate wood fuel for our heating system
- Eco cleaning supplies and eco toilet paper
- We purchase only PEFC and FSC and recycled paper stock
- 100% green electricity is used
- All in one networked printer and dual page whenever possible with a lower dpi to save ink and paper
- We have moved across to fax to email
- All paper, glass, food waste and metal is recycled
- We use filtered water not vending water
- We only drive a bio diesel compatible land Rover and a very economical/low emission/stop/start Mini Clubman