Social Media Marketing
An Introduction to Social Media:Social Media Marketing is an online marketing tactic that seeks to achieve branding and marketing communication goals through the participation in various social media networks such as Twitter, facebook, MySpace, Bebo and social web applications such as Digg, Flickr, YouTube and Stumble Upon etc. Social Media has turned the normal marketing process over. Contributors (suppliers/marketers) are found by consumers, contributing to brand messaging as opposed to only passively receiving communication from marketers.
Twitter:Twitter has become a valuable tool for business use. There are so many opportunities to leverage its capabilities in a way that is relevant & provides value. The web has become vital to business particularly in certain markets such as tourism and business. Some would argue that twitter is the same – “be everywhere your customers expect you to be”. Increasingly, companies are considering whether an internal role is required to fulfil the need to keep content current on their websites and also to focus on their social media/blog content. Creating Media can fulfil that role based on a monthly retainer.
Raise awareness of companies / brands:Through sharing information, rather than selling on Twitter (blatant selling is frowned Upon), you will become a higher sought out portal of knowledge. This will encourage people to look for your Tweets and then potentially visit your website for further information or even make direct contact. Twitter will raise awareness of your business and brand plus supplement any additional trade / e-marketing / PR that you have. Twitter is a place where people are searching for information and connections.
Increased traffic to your website:This can be measured by analysing your website statistics through your chosen package i.e. Google Analytics or Web Stats.
Seo:The next stage of Google SEO, Caffeine, is expected to include searches for sites that have a link to Social Media sites such as Twitter. The same is anticipated for the Microsoft search engine “Bing”.
Creating Media Social Media Package for Twitter or Face Book:Traffic. Awareness and branding. Promote your content. Fast help and feedback. Find a new audience. Latest news. Inform people of your status. Networking. Marketing. It’s fast and mobile. Keep track of things. Provides inspiration. It’s viral. Make money! It’s fun! Initial Twitter profile set up: One off charge of £250 (discounted from £450)
- This is to research the names, set up the profile, and gain an initial 100 relevant followers
- This includes a designer designing your Twitter
- Tweet for one month to gain initial momentum
- Build a Twitter profile that is designed around your logo using a wallpaper style
- Research and secure your Twitter profile (names to be approved by client)
- Suggest a business summary that will be featured with your profile
- Gain targeted followers relevant to your sector
- Gain targeted followers relevant to your regional presence
- Follow businesses / people that are relevant to your sector
- Tweet approximately twice a day with information relevant to your business / requirements. This would be information sharing or best practice as well as promotional information.
- Creating Media would need to have access or information on relevant topics that would provide Tweet commentary (we can self sufficiently run this once the account is set up and we have a basic knowledge of your business)
- Provide weekly updates on number of followers, key people / comments etc
- Direct any enquiries / key information to a dedicated contact within your operation
- Everyone else is doing it.
- It is good to be seen to be part of Social Media (Web 2.0)…Using Twitter is evidence that your business is participating in this whole social media thing and obviously a “with-it” kind of outfit that people might be interested in doing business with. It’s just not enough to have a website anymore.
- Twitter is a fast way to get your messages out anywhere and everywhere
- Twitter will help you stay on top of your industry and/or market segment…Twitter lets you hear what other people are saying. Using http://searchtwitter.com Twitter Search you can find out what people are saying about a particular topic, enabling you to keep your ear to the ground about your company and the competition.
- Twitter will help you refine your brand…By participating in Twitter (that is, using it to communicate with others, rather than just spamming product announcements) you can present and develop the kind of image that attracts your potential customers, and refine your brand. (Communication is a two-way thing.)
- Twitter is a great networking tool…Being on Twitter will give you opportunities to meet and talk to oodles of people, some of whom you would never get the chance to talk to otherwise. And some of those people might be the very business contacts you’ve been seeking, people you want to start projects with, source product from or even hire.
- And the most important reason your small business should use Twitter – because Twitter lets you engage your customers…Posting information about your products and/or services is the obvious use. But Twitter also gives you another channel for listening to and finding out about your customers – what they like or dislike about your company, how they feel about your brand, what suggestions they have for improvement, what their favourite products are and why… all kinds of nuggets that you can use to make your business more successful.